Saturday, October 25, 2014

Welcome to Intricately Chic!

Welcome to Intricately Chic!
I’ve always wanted to start a blog, but I’ve never been brave enough until now to actually try it. What I’d really like to make is a vlog. However, that is not something within my capabilities. So, I am here. I am excited to kick this thing off and to get to know those of you who choose to read what I have to say.

To start off I need to introduce myself. How can I truly reach out to others when my readers don’t know who I am?

ME…


You can call me Wyte (pronounced white). I am in my mid-twenties, married, with one child. I am currently going to school, here in Arkansas, to receive a Bachelor’s Degree in Studio Art with a minor in French. My mother tells me that I’ve been drawing since I could hold a pencil in my hand. Art is one of the biggest passions in my life and I couldn’t imagine my life without it. You can look forward to future posts where I will highlight my current work, art shows that I’m participating in, and reviews on other artist’s work.

MY FAITH…

Another passion of mine is my religious belief and lifestyle. I know that there are many people who do not agree with religion, but I would be doing myself and everyone else a disservice if I do not speak out about this part of my life, since it is so important to me. I am a Baptist. I attend church services at least three times a week: Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening. I also attend the various activities hosted by my church. Now, I am by no means perfect and I will never profess to be. My purpose is not to offend and I hope that you will come to see that. I understand that everyone has the right to choose how you want to live your life and you are entitled to your own opinion. I respect that. Please respect mine.

MY HUSBAND…


My husband, Nick, is also in his mid-twenties. He is two years older than I am. My husband and I have been married for 5.5 years, but we have known each other for over ten years. Our families knew each other before we had even met so we have quite a bit of history despite how young we both were when we got married (I was eighteen at the time). Currently, he is a Security Forces member in the Air Force, but by July of 2015 he will no longer be enlisted. He plans to continue in the civilian police force. I will talk more about this in later posts as this is a topic that weighs heavily on my mind.

MY SON…


My son’s name is Cooper and he is 4.5 months old. I love being a mother. It’s so much more fun than I had anticipated and it makes me smile just talking about him. He makes my life so much more difficult, but he is totally worth it. Before I got pregnant I was never one to do much research on anything, at least not in depth. Since about halfway through my pregnancy I have become a lot more informed on topics concerning my child. I will be talking more about him in future posts, giving updates on how he’s growing and learning and on topics that relate to infants/children/parenthood.


Alright, now that I have given you a little insight into my life, please feel free to say hello and introduce yourself if you wish.

À bientôt! :]
A family portrait taken when Cooper was 2 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment