Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mother/Son Cosplay

I love to Cosplay! :]

I try to go to conventions every year. I've been going since high school, which has been about five years. Conventions are so much fun to me. I love the atmosphere, the comradery, and the craziness. I absolutely love being around people, despite how introverted I tend to be. I would much rather be in a crowd of people and have no one to talk to than to be alone.

I have done a few cosplays over the years and all, except one, I made myself. I have taught myself how to sew and it's actually not that difficult. I can't hand sew worth crap, but I can use a sewing machine. The only problem I seem to have, constantly, is that I keep breaking my sewing machine needles. If anyone has suggestions for avoiding this problem please comment below.

My first cosplay...Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2


Okay, I had a major hair fail that year. I had tried to use my own hair for Sora's hair, but we failed epically. So, to keep me from cutting my own hair, my friend slicked it down and I walked around like that. That convention taught me a lot about costume malfunctions and that cutting corners with costumes is not good. The straps on my pants fell off, the collar on the jacket didn't lay right, and my shoes tried to fall apart, too. Yes, I made the whole costume: shoes, keyblade, clothes, gloves, neck chain, everything. I even wore blue contacts. You may have, or may not have, seen my how to video on youtube:

My second cosplay...Raichu from Pokemon



This one isn't as good, but I did make the vest myself. I made bows for my hair and I used electrical wires for the tail cause I thought that it made sense.

I cosplay as Sora every time I go to a convention and each year I make small improvements on it.




Now I need to remake the shoes completely and I need to get a wig professionally made cause the wig I tried to make failed as well. On the plus side, that year I found a BA Roxas cosplayer. She made her keyblades out of fiberglass! I'm jelly.

That year I also had a steampunk outfit that I made myself. I made the earrings, the bow, the necklace, the skirt, the coat, and the corset. The only thing I didn't make were the shoes and the petticoat underneath.




Tweedledee from Kiddy Grade


The only part of this costume I made was the dress. This costume was quite uncomfortable to wear. I think I flashed people several times throughout the day. At one point I tried to sit on the floor and I feel bad for the people sitting across from me. The only thing that made this costume so hard to wear were the thigh high, 5", leather heels. Oh my word. Never again. lol Either that or I need to find different shoes to wear.

Waldo




This is my default costume. Self-explanatory. I didn't make this costume. I bought it from a Halloween store.

The only costume I don't have pictures of is my Peorth, from Ah! My Goddess, cosplay. I made the costume myself with suede fabric and jersey fabric. I will never again be able to wear this costume since I now have a mommy belly. So, this costume is up for sale to anyone who is interested.

Currently...

I now have a son, as you know. So, I have been looking for mother and son pairings.

I have officially decided on two for both of us together and then one for each of us individually.

Bulma and Trunks from Dragon Ball Z


Trisha and Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist


Moogle (Cooper)


Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi (Me)


I haven't decided which outfit I want to make. Which one do you think I should make?



À BIENTÔT



No comments:

Post a Comment